Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Remember what to ask for

As a homeschooling mom I hear, "I don't have the patience to homeschool." My reply is usually that patience isn't required but that asking for the grace to homeschool and then to be open to that grace is what is key.

But, reading an email today reminded me that I should also be more specific in what I ask for. In other areas of my life, I am more specific in what I ask for during prayer.

Specifically the topic of the email was about slow readers. What was the first thing it listed to do? Take it to God. Wow, fail on my part. I pray for my children. I ask that God lead me to help them in what they need in their daily life. Why haven't I remembered to say, "Lord, please help #5 with her reading?" That is specific.

http://heartofthematteronline.com/helping-your-slow-reader?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+heartofthematteronline%2FYoZh+%28Heart+of+the+Matter%29&utm_content=Yahoo!+Mail

No comments: