Monday, August 31, 2009

The Simple Woman





FOR TODAY August 31, 2099...

Outside my window...it is smokey and raining ash. There is an extremely large
(85,000 acres was the official count two hours ago) in the Los Angeles area. We are on the north side of the mountains that are burning and the smoke has made it to Nevada already.

I am thinking...that the pasta salad I made for lunch is going to be yummy.

I am thankful for...that my brother in law only has an infection and not diverticulosis.

From the learning rooms...today is a family day. We might do a little math and science later. Definately will be doing some faith sharing/learning.

From the kitchen...things are quiet. Just waiting for my hubby to come in so we can dig into above mentioned pasta salad.

I am wearing...my pink t-shirt and my blue skirt.

I am creating...backstage directions for the recital.

I am going...to help some friends move on Monday.

I am reading...Down to the Bonny Glen.

I am hoping...that my oldest daughter is able to find a job.

I am hearing...the kids playing nicely together and my D practicing her piano lessons.

Around the house...things are quiet.

One of my favorite things...a nice clean studio.

A few plans for the rest of the week:dance classes for the kids, piano lessons, moving, maybe painting a room, homeschool.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...This is a photo of my mom pinning a corsage on her youngest sister at her oldest daughter's wedding. I got a little teary eyed while I was watching this. I couldn't help but think that it should have been my grandmother taking care of that. She died 7.5 years ago. But, my auntie was so sweet. She said it was great to have her godmother do the honors.



No comments: