Monday, August 31, 2009

Homeschool Open house






We homeschool. Two words, but it says so much.

I have been married to a great guy for just over 21 years. We have six children: five girls ages 19, 15, 9, 8, and 6; and one little guy who is four.

We homeschooled our 15 year old daughter when she was in fifth grade. She went back to school in the sixth grade. Our three youngest girls have always been at home. Their big sister came home last year.

We use a classical cirriculum. Well, at least this year we do. We are enjoying the switch. We are not doing it on our own, we are enrolled with Mother of Divine Grace.

Officially our school room is the office. However, most days you can find us at the table doing our schooling.

We have a general schedule for the day, but it seems like it always subject to change. We start out with math and faith. I start with the 8 and 9 year olds. I am usually able to go back and forth with the two of them pretty easily. I school the 6 year old by herself. It works out well.

I do have two things that I just haven't figured out yet. What should I do with the four year old when I am schooling. He likes to color at the table with us, but he has two volumes, loud and sleeping. LOL And, our six year old may or may not be motivated to do schooling.

href="http://thehomeschoollounge.com/">

No comments: