Monday, November 17, 2008

The Simple Woman





FOR TODAY, November 17, 2008


Outside my window...there is a slight breeze. It is a clear day, I can see the local mountains. Leaves are in the driveway. So are the newpapers that I forgot to get this morning.


I am thinking...that I wish my headache would go away. I am not getting anything done today.


I am thankful for...birthdays. They are always happy times.


From the learning rooms...nothing yet today. Like I said, I have a headache and I am having a hard time being motivated today.


From the kitchen...a batch of quick rise honey-wheat bread is cooking in the bread machine.


I am wearing...jeans and a print shirt. No shoes.


I am creating...lists of things that need to get done today.


I am going...to eat a light lunch and then go lay down to see if that will help my headache.


I am reading...Where Are You Now, by Mary Higgins Clark. I just finished Like Water for Chocolate. Watching the movie a couple of weekends ago made me want to read the book. The movie follows the book pretty closely, but I gained more insight into the movie after reading the book.


I am hoping...that my headache goes away soon. I think it might be time for more Excedrin.


I am hearing...A and G talk about the newspapers they are bringing in for me.


Around the house...I hear D playing the piano. She is getting Christmas songs ready.


One of my favorite things...my niece, Erin. She is so sweet.


A few plans for the rest of the week: Dance classes as always, a 60th birthday party for my sister-in-law's father at Lake Arrowhead, the Feast of Christ the King.


Here is picture thought I am sharing...My son and godson/nephew playing Guitar Hero at my daughter's birthday party. A look into something that might be in their future? My brother can play seven musical instruments that I can think of. Our kids are musically inclined as well.








1 comment:

A happy heart at home said...

Hi. I hope you're feeling better now. Cute pic. I hope you have a good week.

~Susan