Saturday, October 11, 2008

Car Accident

I was the victim of a hit and run on Wednesday night. I have to say that it was Ted Nugent's fault.

I had heard that his book "Ted, White and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto," was out, so I thought that I would stop at Costco on the way to Mom's Night Out and pick it up. I was so close to Costco! I was going through the last intersection before the turn into Costco, and a car that was intending to make a left turn decided that it was going to test the laws of physics.

I didn't realize that this guy wasn't going to not turn until it was too late for brakes. He (but I don't know for sure that it was a he) hit me where the front driver door and the back door seam. Since he didn't stop, he also got the back fender, bumper and the framing around the bottom of the doors is phlanged out.

I put the car in park, getting ready to get out and exchange info, but I turned and didn't see anyone, until I looked back over my right side and saw the car going slowly in the direction that he had turned.

But, a police car just happened to pull up to the intersection just then. By this time I was on the phone with 911. I got the officer's attention, he pulled over to me, I told him what happened, and he went to go try to find the car. No luck. Some how the car managed to get away.

My only consolation is that, if the guy was drunk like I think he was, he woke up the next morning and couldn't figure out what the heck had happened to his car.

I am pretty sore. My doc said that the worst will probably be this weekend. I will keep up with the ibuprofen, hot baths and ice packs.

Oh, and the Grand Am is going to be ok. Thank goodness the estimate came in lower than what the car is worth. We had just finished paying it off at the beginning of the year. I would have hated to have to get another car payment.

I haven't cussed a blue streak like that in ages. I am so glad that no one was in the car with me.

No comments: