Monday, August 25, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook





FOR TODAY August 25, 2008



Outside My Window...I can see a big thunderstorm heading our way. Monsoon on the desert. My oldest is outside standing in the wind. I can't see the foothills because it is raining so hard.


I am thinking...that I am going to have some freaked out kids if the thunder gets any louder. I don't think the "God is bowling with the angels" line is going to work for too much longer.


I am thankful for...onsoon thunderstorms.


From the kitchen...all is dark. We are going to have left overs.


I am wearing...a dark blue skirt, and a t-shirt. Perfect for a stormy, muggy, hot day.


I am creating... a new file box for my office. There is enough room for the bills that need to be paid and to have homeschool paperwork be filed in it.


I am going...to turn off the computer in just a minute. The storm is really amping up.


I am reading...Atonement. I am having a hard time getting into this book. I got about 75 pages in, and I have gone back to the beginning to start over. I am now 50 pages into it. I hope that I don't have to keep doing this.


I am hoping...We get a lot of rain today. That would be awesome.


I am hearing...the younger kids chatting about the storm.


Around the house...kids are getting blankets for "safety." There is a storm coming, you know. :)


One of my favorite things...My new niece. She is a beautiful little girl.


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:Just a normal week of homeschool and dance. I am going to a 4-H club meeting for the first time. Jessica wants to get a sheep. Currently, there aren't any sheep leaders, so I guess that I will be taking on that responsibility.


Here is picture thought I am sharing: We have two types of lizzards around here, aligator lizzards and blue belly lizzards. My husband is a lizzard whisperer. This one is sound asleep.







1 comment:

Gayle said...

Hopefully you got all the rain you needed. (Neat lizard!)