Monday, August 11, 2008

The Simple Woman



FOR TODAY August 11, 2008

Outside My Window... I am looking for my husband's car. He should be home any minute.

I am thinking... how different families are and the different dynamics that you have to get used to. And, how do you reconcile the differences in those styles?

I am thankful for... the love of my husband.

From the kitchen... the microwave timer is telling me that it is done defrosting my chicken for dinner.

I am wearing... a cool summer top, demin skirt and bare feet. No make up today.

I am creating... a new prayer journal.

I am going... to visit Staples tonight. They are having a great sale. I figured I would stock up the homeschool stockpile for a reasonable price.

I am reading... Laced by Carol Higgins Clark

I am hoping... that I can mend a strained relationship.

I am hearing... one daughter playing ATV4 on the PlayStation. I can hear the younger ones singing in their rooms.

Around the house... things are getting straightened up in the afternoon pick up time.

One of my favorite things... the color purple. Royal purple.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: My five year old is having her ears pierced tomorrow. A friend of my almost 7 year old is coming to play for the day. My almost 7 year old will be 7 on Friday. Oh, and how could I forget, Mom's Night Out on Wednesday night. I might forgo the MNO this month to stay in and enjoy the Olympics though. I will have to see what is being aired that night.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...This was the night before my 40th birthday. I was at my Mom's house. We had just come from the cemetary from placing my dad's ashes in the vault in the chapel there. After we went out to celebrate Dad and my birthday. Three of my daughters are in the photo, my little guy is next to me. My nephew/godson is in the foreground of the photo. My brother is snoozing next to me and his wife is wearing the purple sweater (they are the parents of my nephew. Somehow when I thought of my dad being dead, I thought I would be older than 39. It was a very happy/sad night. It also happened to be the day after Thanksgiving.



No comments: