Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Night before Advent starts

Actually, I only have six minutes until the start of Advent. :)

I love this time of year. I love preparing my home and myself to celebrate the birth of our Savior.

My darling husband said to me on Thanksgiving night after we had dinner, but before dessert, "Let's put the Christmas tree up tomorrow." You could have pushed me off the sofa. I grew up not putting the tree up until about half way through December. I should ask my mom why. It could be because a live tree would never last from the beginning of Advent until after Christmas.

We will be putting up our artificial tree this year. We are trying to watch how much we spend. And, with an artificial tree, I can have it up from the first day of Advent until the feast of the Epiphany (Jan 6th, Twelveth Night). Sometimes I even wait until we celebrate the Baptism of our Lord (second Sunday of Jan).

A friend of mine put it to me this way, "I want to get as much Christmas as I can." I think that is a fabulous way to put it. Thanks Lisa.

No comments: